Engineered wood flooring
Uipkes Wood Flooring supplies various types of parquet. This is an engineered floor (layered floor) available with various toppings and suitable for underfloor heating. You cannot see from the surface whether it is a solid wood floor or parquet. The top layer comes from the same tree and is sawn, dried and planed in a durable wood processing company in the Netherlands, so we can provide you always with the best quality parquet flooring in one of our gorgeous color finishes.View examples of engineered wood flooring
What is engineered wood flooring?
Engineered wood flooring is a collective name for wooden floors that are composed of several layers. The top layer, also called visible side or wear layer, consists of solid wood. The base layer or underside can be made from a cross-glued plywood.
Uipkes' layered floor consists of two layers: a solid wooden top layer of 2, 4 or 6mm. The base layer or underside is made of a cross-glued Birch plywood. The layers are glued together water-tight and compressed under great pressure into a whole.
Different kinds of engineered floors
The term engineered wood flooring can also refer to layered floors that mainly come from China. These floorboards are often cheaper layered boards with 3 layers, which are often less durable produced:
- The top layer is sometimes composed of several oak species and made of sapwood, so the wood drawing can be less beautiful.
- The base layer is made of transverse wooden slats, the quality of which is lower than Birch plywood.
- Finally, the glue that is used is often not resistant to water, allowing layers to come loose. These are all factors that influence the lifespan and quality of the parquet floor.
Advantages of Uipkes® Engineered Wood Floors
Our engineered floors Vincent, Floor and Robin have many advantages over other types of wooden floors and floor coverings:
- Birch plywood is a very stable carrier and ensures that parquet flooring is ideal for underfloor heating, in contrast to solid wood floors. The stable base layer ensures that the working of the wood is minimal. In addition, Uipkes' layered floors have a low resistance (Rc).
- This parquet floor can be installed floating. This results in a noise reduction with a maximum of 11 dB, which means that parquet flooring is also suitable for apartments that have to comply with a noise standards.
- Uipkes engineered wood floors with a top layer of 4mm or larger can be re-sanded and finished with oil. So the floor lasts a lifetime!
- Parquet flooring requires less hardwood than solid wood flooring and is therefore better for the environment.
Engineered floor 'Vincent'
Vincent is a multi-layered oak board of 16 mm thick and a total of up to 28 cm wide with a top layer of 4 mm wood. This top layer can be sanded down at least three times so that you have an oak floor that lasts at least 50 years when used in a normal way.
The floor is made in the Netherlands as you would like the product. The top layer consists of an average mix oak sorting and can be supplied in a choice of several colors. Reduction of the amount of material has resulted in a favorable price performance ratio, which, however, does not come at the expense of the appearance. Would you like to combine this wood floor with underfloor heating? Vincent is very suitable to be used in combination with underfloor heating.
Herringbone Engineered Floor 'Vincent'
Engineered floor "Vincent" is very suitable to put in a herringbone pattern or Chevron pattern (Hungarian point). This Herringbone floor of a layered board (Vincent) is, by the dimensions, the new version of the original herringbone floor. For example, the parts can be supplied in widths of 10, 12, 14,16 or 18 cm and in different lengths, so that the floor looks modern and robust, however, with a nod to the classic parquet pattern. We deliver these oak parquet floors in dozens of different colors.
This floor is suitable for use with underfloor heating as main heating or cooling floor. Uipkes Wood Flooring is a specialist in installing engineered wood floors with underfloor heating and has more than fifteen years of experience in this area.
Engineered Floor 'Fleur'
'Fleur' is an engineered floor of 18 cm wide finished with a solid oak top layer of 3 mm. The base layer consists of plywood. Parquet Fleur is available in three colors. Combined with the natural structure of the oak it can be constructed with a specific character, from modern to classic.
Fleur is a budget friendly engineered floor, ideal for bedrooms.
Engineered Floor 'Robin'
'Robin' is a layered board which most closely resembles a massive floorboard and is 20 mm thick. The layered boards are crafted with an oak surface layer in three grades. You can also opt for another top layer, such as Jatoba, Ruby or Nutwood. The look varies, depending on the top layer, from very rustic to sleek modern. Because the finishing of the boards happens during production, so before installing the floor, you can walk on the floor directly (no drying time). This is sometimes crucial for businesses and stores. The parquet flooring can be delivered widely in many colors, up to 38 cm.
Engineered floor Robin is especially suitable for use in the kitchen, living room or and even your bathroom. The floor has a good resistance to liquids. You can mop your floor everyday without damaging the floor. Robin parquet floor is therefore a simple in use. See our tips on how to maintain your parquet flooring.
The price of engineered wood flooring depends on various factors. Take this into account if you want to buy a wooden floor:
- The first factor is the country of production. Is the parquet flooring from a so-called 'low wage country' or is it made in the Netherlands?
- Which type of wood is the visible side of the lamella plank made from a softer type of wood or perhaps a more exclusive type of wood?
- The sheet material on which the top layer is made can be produced from many different substrates. Do you buy a plate made of waste or do you use a suitable top layer made of sustainable materials with the most beautiful wood drawing?
- The thickness of the top layer of the parquet flooring is an important price-distinguishing factor.
- The width and the length of the floor parts strongly influence the price.
- How many knots are there or are not in the floor? The wood sorting, such as French oak, rustic French oak or classique French oak, is a price factor.
All the factors mentioned above influence the price of parquet flooring. If you want to know more or if you have questions about our products, you can contact us. We are happy to help!