Picking a floor isn't something you do every day. What color is pretty? What installation pattern do I want for my floor? Is it possible to combine my wood floor with underfloor heating? All questions this website gives you answers to. Do you prefer a personal consult about your wood flooring project? Please, plan a visit to our showroom or make a video call appointment. We will take all the time you need for a personal advice. Ask us all the questions you want about wood flooring and we will advise you properly. If you are not able to come to our showroom, please plan a 'call me back appointment' or call +31-172-477355.
We have been combining wooden floors with underfloor heating for years
With our many years of experience, skill and love for wood you can trust us with installing a wood floor on your underfloor heating. Our wooden floors are always made and installed according to your wishes. We always do an inspection of your home or office and provide you with information, so you can make the best choices for your situation. We have wide range of wooden floors, which can be modified with different colors as you like.
We like to see you in our showroom for an informal and informative talk about combining floor heating with a beautiful wooden floor from Uipkes!
Mill floor heating under your wooden floor
The mill floor is popular. You will find these floors in renovated or serially built homes where heating is not required. Residents usually choose for floor heating at a later point in time. The existing screed may consist of different materials such as cement, tiles or floor screeds. Several slots are milled In the existing screed layer and then underfloor heating tubes are placed in these slots. Next, the slots are sealed with cement or epoxy / PU bound materials. After this we can install the wooden floor.
MILL FLOOR INSTRUCTIONS
- Check if the pipes are firmly put in the slots; at least 28mm below the subfloor.
- Make slots thoroughly dust-free with the help of an industrial vacuum cleaner.
- Fill the pipes to the top of the subfloor with a filler. Leave to dry for at least 16 hours.
- Apply primer on the subfloor with the foam roller, lambskin roller or spatula. Use approx. 80-200 g / m². Drying time approximately 1 hour at 20 ° C and max 65% RV. Avoid ponding!
- Glue the wooden floors. Use approx. 1000 g / m². Apply with toothed B11.
If the subfloor contains an excessive moisture content (> 2.0%)
- Check that the pipes are firmly in the slots. At least 28 mm below the top of the subfloor.
- Slots are thoroughly dust-free with the help of an industrial vacuum cleaner.
- Fill pipes to the top of the deck. Allow to dry for 12 hours. Apply within 24 hours.
- Apply epoxy primer / moisture screen as a sufficiently covering layer with a coat roller, use approximately 350-400 g / m². Drying time 12-16 hours. Apply the next layer within 24 hours.
- Glue the wooden floors with about 1000-1200 g / m². Apply with toothed B11.
»Back to: wooden floor on underfloor heating