Picking a floor isn't something you do every day. What color is pretty? What installation pattern do I want for my floor? Is it possible to combine my wood floor with underfloor heating? All questions this website gives you answers to. Do you prefer a personal consult about your wood flooring project? Please, plan a visit to our showroom or make a video call appointment. We will take all the time you need for a personal advice. Ask us all the questions you want about wood flooring and we will advise you properly. If you are not able to come to our showroom, please plan a 'call me back appointment' or call +31-172-477355.
Anhydrite screeds are widely used in new construction projects because these types of floors can be applied quickly and are also insensitive to cracking.
ANHYDRITE SCREED AS SUBFLOOR
Our wooden floors can be placed on virtually all floors. Every subfloor must be level, permanently dry, firm, free of cracks, dust, dirt and adhesion-inhibiting substances and well-bearing. If you want to glue a wooden floor to an anhydrite floor, it must primed to achieve a perfect bonding. Wooden floors on foil on an anhydrite subfloor is of course no problem either.
The pores of an anhydrite floor are narrower than those of a concrete floor and must be sanded for sufficient adhesion. Without this pretreatment, an anhydrite floor does not have sufficient pulling force, with the result that the adhesive bonding is insufficiently achieved. During the preliminary inspection, which we will carry out in your home you after purchasing a floor, we will discuss the details of the work to be carried out. In addition, we would like to advise you on the different installation methods and finishing options of your new floor.
INSTALLING YOUR WOODEN FLOOR
Of course we can install and finish the wooden floor for you. If you prefer to do these tasks yourself, you can do this by following these steps:
- Clean the work floor of dirt, dust, glue and construction residues to create a tight surface.
- Remove existing skirting boards, making sure that you do not damage the wall when removing the skirting board.
- Sand the surface of the anhydrite floor open for sufficient adhesion.
- Prime the floor with anhydrite primer (PE-420 Epohecht or equivalent product).
- Mix the components A and B with a mixer and process it within an hour at an air temperature of 15-18ºC. Use 125 gr per m2.
- Immediately after 1.5 to 2 hours of drying time (must feel sticky), install the particle boards: 20 × 15 cm, 12 mm thick, straight and 50% offset and bonded with two-component adhesive (MK 90, or equivalent product).
- Keep ± 20 mm away from the walls.
- After gluing, allow it to dry for 12 hours and do not walk over the floor.
- Sand the particle board flat with a parquet sanding machine (grain 24).
- Then follow the method of gluing floorboards on a particleboard partition