Picking a floor isn't something you do every day. What color is pretty? What installation pattern do I want for my floor? Is it possible to combine my wood floor with underfloor heating? All questions this website gives you answers to. Do you prefer a personal consult about your wood flooring project? Please, plan a visit to our showroom or make a video call appointment. We will take all the time you need for a personal advice. Ask us all the questions you want about wood flooring and we will advise you properly. If you are not able to come to our showroom, please plan a 'call me back appointment' or call +31-172-477355.
Our wooden floors can be installed over existing tiled floors.
WOODEN FLOOR ON A TILED SUBFLOOR
Our wooden floors can be installed on virtually all floors. Every subfloor must be level, permanently dry, firm, free of cracks, dust, dirt and adhesion-inhibiting substances.
A tile floor can be used as a subfloor if the tiles are flat, in good condition and with no difference in height. If you want to glue the wooden floor, you must prime the floor. When you choose for a floating floor, only a foil is sufficient. We will always inspect your subfloor at your home so that you receive the best advice from us.
Does your current floor consist of tiles that do not have a flat surface or are not straightened? Then it is advisable to first remove the differences in height. Liquid egaline is a mixture of cement and water that is poured over the floor and dries quickly. By distributing the substance evenly with a chip, the desired thickness is achieved. A layer of 3mm egaline is usually sufficient to get the floor even. After 24 hours the floor is reworkable.
INSTALLING THE WOODEN FLOOR ON A TILE SUBFLOOR
- Uipkes always visits you for a preliminary inspection in preparation for the work to be carried out.
- First, degrease the existing 'old' tiles with a cleaner then rinse with water
- Afterwards, roughen the existing tile floor if necessary with grain 24, then vacuum clean.
- Prime the roughened floor.
- Then glue the wooden floor with a glue comb to properly fill the possible height differences.
- The total height becomes 16 mm including primer and product.
- Uipkes can provide you with the products and do all the work for you. We give 5 years CBW warranty (within The Netherlands)